DOM Security is a global lock manufacturer, specializing in high quality mechanical and electronic locking solutions.
DOM began as a German trading company, Josef Voss KG, in the city of Cologne in 1936. When the company began to manufacture locks and cylinders, they called them DOM. The name "DOM" refers to the city’s famous cathedral. In 1976, the company was renamed DOM Sicherheitstechnik GmbH & Co.KG.
DOM was once part of European Security Hardware Group, which was made up of three companies: DOM Sicherheits-technik GmbH & Co KG (DOM KG), Nemef B.V., and Corbin SRL. The group was owned by the parent company Black & Decker Corporation. Nemef and Corbin were purchased from Black & Decker by ASSA Abloy, on January 5, 2004. In 2005, DOM Sicherheitstechnick was bought by the Securidev Group (founded 1990, France). The group changed its name to DOM Security on June 10, 2015.  DOM Security is part of the SFPI GROUP.
- ↑ "Dom Sicherheitstechnik"
- ↑ "Assa Abloy AB / Black and Decker Corporation"
- ↑ "ASSA Abloy Annual Report 2003 (pdf)"
- ↑ "ASSA ABLOY acquires European Security Hardware Business from Black & Decker (pdf)"
- ↑ "The Securidev Group is Changing Its Name"