From LockwikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Headquarters||Lexington, Kentucky (USA)|
|Founder(s)||Klaus W. Gartner aka "Nick Gartner"|
|Safe locks, Combination locks, Electronic locks|
La Gard began as a subcontractor for Sargent & Greenleaf, manufacturing time locks in its facility in Torrance, California.
La Gard was sold to Masco Corporation in February of 1997, and later to Kaba-Mas in 2006.
- 16 November 1976 - Patent US3991596A - Tumbler wheel, changeable combination key lock construction - Inventor: Klaus W. Gartner, Downey, CA. Assignee: Sargent & Greenleaf, Inc., Nicholasville, KY.
- 6 November 1990 - Patent US4967577A - Electronic lock with manual combination override - Inventors: Gartner and Uyeda, CA. Assignee: La Gard, Inc., Torrance, CA.
- 4 June 1991 - Patent US5020345 - Self-locking electronic lock - Inventors: Gartner, Uyeda, & Phillips, CA. Assignee: La Gard, Inc., Torrance, CA.
- 4 August 1992 - Patent US5134870 - Electro-mechanical lock with rotary bolt - Inventors: Uyeda, Gartner, Phillips, & Herrmann, CA. Assignee: La Gard, Inc., Torrance, CA.
- "Icons of the Locksmithing Industry"Locksmith Ledger. 15 November 2004.
|This article is a stub. You can help Lockwiki by expanding it.|